Thank goodness for MEAL PREP and healthy protein Vegan Quorn Pieces! This is my favourite meal prep to make, with all my favourite flavours, it is very tasty hot or cold and you can make it in big batches to portion out into 4 tubs! You can re-heat this until piping hot if you like it hot, but its so delicious cold too! When i know i have a busy week ahead, i like to meal prep to save time and to worry less about what i’m going to be eating! Definitely give this easy meal prep a go if you want some delicious meals for the week ahead!
For the Roasted Mediterranean Veg:
- 2 large courgettes/zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes (kept whole)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 vegetable OXO stock cube
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper, to taste
For the Smokey Vegan Quorn Pieces:
- 280g Vegan Quorn Pieces
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika powder (depending on how smokey you like it)
For the Hummus Pasta:
- 250g dried wholewheat pasta
- 2 heaped tbsp hummus
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180 fan/400F/Gas mark 6.
- To make the roasted mediterranean veg, slice all the veg into thick chunks then add to a baking dish or baking tray.
(apart from the red onion, i leave that to cook last)
- Stir in the tomato puree until all the veg is saturated in it.
- Sprinkle in the vegetable OXO stock cube, dried herbs, garlic, salt & pepper, then give it all another good mix until everything is combined.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and cook for 30 minutes, until all the veg is soft, adding the red onion 10 minutes before end of cooking time.
- Meanwhile to cook the Smokey Vegan Quorn Pieces, add a little water/oil into a frying pan on a medium-high heat setting, add the Quorn pieces, then sprinkle in the smoked paprika, cook for about 10-15 minutes until hot, firm and fragrant! Set aside.
- To make the hummus pasta, cook the pasta according to packet instructions, cooking until al dante.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water from the pan, then add the cooked pasta back into it, stirring in 2 heaped tbsp of hummus until the pasta is fully saturated.
- Once everything is cooked, arrange everything into medium sized food tubs. I added some spinach and avocado to each tub too! Enjoy!
PS – If you make this recipe, i would love to hear what you think! Let me know what you think by commenting below. Or if you take a photo, post it on Instagram and tag @nourishingalex and i will happily share it on my Insta-Stories! THANKS, Alex ❤