Delicious Mexican Tofu Fajita Bowl with bulgar wheat, black beans, avocado, baby corn, lots of lettuce underneath and avocado. I created this recipe to try and mimic El Pasco fajita sauce, i think it taste pretty much the same, its so good! You can wrap the fajita tofu in tortilla wraps or enjoy in a nourish bowl like in the photo!
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp sriracha mayo/sauce
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- a pinch of garlic powder
- 1/2 395g block extra firm tofu, drained, pressed & dried
- a sprinkle smoked paprika
- 1/2 red bell pepper, green pepper & yellow pepper
- mushrooms (optional)
- red onion (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan/400f/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
- Slice the dried tofu into bite sized pieces, add the tofu to a small bowl, then sprinkle in some smoked paprika, shake the bowl until the tofu is coated well.
- Add the tofu to the lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until slightly crisp on the outside.
- Meanwhile to make the sauce, mix together all the sauce ingredients into a bowl until everything is fully combined then set aside.
- Slice your bell peppers into thin strips.
- Once the tofu is slightly crisp and much more firm, take it out the oven. Heat a frying pan with a little water/oil, then add the peppers cooking them on a medium/high heat setting until slightly soft. Add the tofu, then pour in your fajita sauce, stirring frequently, cook for another 3 minutes until the sauce has reduced and the peppers are soft.
- Serve with rice/Bulgar wheat/quinoa, some lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, avocado or wrap them up into tortilla wraps with some vegan cheese, lettuce & avocado! ENJOY!
PS – If you make this recipe, i would love to hear what you think! Let me know what you think by commenting below. Or if you take a photo, post it on Instagram and tag @nourishingalex and i will happily share it on my Insta-Stories! THANKS, Alex ❤