This is hands down one of my favourite pasta dishes to make, because it’s so easy & quick to make and so light and creamy. Besides, mushrooms and pasta go so well together don’t you think? I used dairy-free yoghurt for the dreamy creamy sauce so it’s light, yet so comforting and creamy and the garlic and other flavours are so tasty together!
- 2 servings dried pasta of choice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3-4 tbsp dairy free plain yoghurt (i use coconut yoghurt )
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, saute the garlic in a separate saucepan on a high heat with a little water, or oil if you prefer, stirring frequently until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms into the pan with the garlic, further cook for 5 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
- Stir in the dried basil and cook for a further 1 min until fragrant, then set the mushrooms aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain all the water from the pan through a colander, then add them to the pan with the mushrooms and stir everything through.
- Add in the yoghurt, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper, gently stir everything together until creamy.
- Serve into your pasta bowls and ENJOY!
PS – If you make this recipe, i would love to hear what you think! Let me know what you think by commenting below. Or if you take a photo, post it on Instagram and tag @nourishingalex and i will happily share it on my Insta-Stories! THANKS, Alex ❤