This is my favourite curry of all! It’s so creamy, comforting and fragrant, and so quick and easy to make using just simple pantry ingredients! It’s healthy and very budget friendly too! Everyone will love this, i’m sure! 🙂
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2 fat cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled & chopped into small cubes
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- salt & pepper, to taste
- First steam/boil the sweet potato for 15 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion and garlic in a saucepan on a medium heat setting with a little water/oil until translucent.
- Add all the spices to the pan, stirring frequently on a low heat until fragrant, then pour in the chopped tomatoes, veg stock & cooked soft sweet potatoes.
- Blend the mixture in the saucepan using a handstick blender until super smooth and creamy (NOTE: You may need to add a little water little by little to reach your desired consistency)
- Stir in the chickpeas, lime juice & peanut butter to the curry sauce, then turn up the heat to medium, then once it starts to bubble, turn the heat down to low to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes, stirring frequently until thick and creamy. Season with salt and pepper (add more water if desired)
- Serve with rice and wilt in some fresh spinach 5 minutes before end of cooking time! Enjoy!
PS – If you make this recipe, i would love to hear what you think! Let me know what you think by commenting below. Or if you take a photo, post it on Instagram and tag @nourishingalex and i will happily share it on my Insta-Stories! THANKS, Alex ❤