The perfect warming porridge for the colder months of the year. Slowly cooked soft sweet cinnamon stewed apples on top of creamy cozy porridge. I love having this with creamy coconut yoghurt. It’s like dessert for breakfast!
- 1 cup (100g) oats
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- splash of plant milk (i used almond milk)
- 1tbsp maple syrup, plus extra to drizzle
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium sweet apple, chopped into thick chunks
- a handful of pecan nuts
- Saute the cinnamon apple chunks to a small saucepan with a little water, sprinkle in some cinnamon and cook on a medium heat until it starts to bubble, then turn the heat down to low and simmer the apple for 10-15 mins until the apples are soft and the liquid has evaporated. Stir the pecans in the the apples at the end.
- Add the oats to a pan, stir in the salt, cinnamon & a pinch of nutmeg. Pour some boiling water from the kettle until you just covered the oats, give a good stir and soak for 5 mins until gloopy.
- Add the oats to the hob, add a splash of almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract, then gently heat up on a medium heat, stirring consistently for 5 mins until you have reached your desired consistency. (Add more milk for a creamier consistency, cook for longer for a thicker consistency).
- Pour your oats into your bowl, top with the cinnamon apple, some dairy-free coconut yoghurt, pecans & drizzle with maple syrup! Enjoy!
PS – If you ever end up making this recipe, let me know what you think by commenting below. I always love to hear what people think! Or if you managed to take a photo, post it on Instagram and tag @nourishingalex so i can see it and i will share it on my Insta-stories! THANKS! Alex ❤