When i’m craving something sweet, i want these soft, gooey chocolate protein heavenly oil-free vegan muffins! YUM! These are super delicious and i used my favourite vegan protein powder by MyVegan – Lucky you can get 30% off any MyVegan products by using my discount code ALEX30 at the checkout.
Makes 12-14 muffins
- 150g plain flour
- 150g oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 tbsp MyVegan Organic Cacao Powder / unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 scoops MyVegan Chocolate protein powder , (add discount code ALEX30 for 30% off)
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed well
- 400ml any dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 100g dark chocolate bar, chopped into small pieces
- a handful cacao nibs
- Sweet Freedom Chocolate Sauce, (to drizzle on the muffins 10 minutes before end of cooking time)
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan oven/375F/Gas mark 5, line a muffin tray with paper or silicone muffin cups.
- First make the oat flour by measuring 150g oats, then using a hand-stick blender or blender, blitz the oats until you reach a flour consistency.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl, stir well until all is combined, then in a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together including the mashed banana and whisk well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, then pour the wet into the dry, keep whisking well until everything is combined, until you form a thick but pourable muffin batter. (You can now stir in your optional add-ins such as, chocolate chips or broken up chocolate bar into the batter)
- Add a few heaped tbsp of the muffin batter into your muffin cups until you almost reach the top. (I added some broken up chocolate bar pieces on the surface of the muffins before cooking)
- Bake the muffins in the oven for 25-30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Enjoy!
PS – If you make this recipe, i would love to hear what you think! Let me know what you think by commenting below. Or if you take a photo, post it on Instagram and tag @nourishingalex and i will happily share it on my Insta-Stories! THANKS, Alex ❤