Easy Simple Lentil, Cauliflower & Coconut Dal! I love this meal so much because it’s just so easy and simple to make, it’s budget friendly using mainly just pantry ingredients, and so delicious and comforting. It’s such a cozy meal especially during the cold winter evenings, but i love it in any weather with a side of salad. You can also freeze leftovers to use for meals during the week.
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tsp garlic granules)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 250/300g frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/2 can (200g) chopped tomatoes
- 400g can coconut milk
- 240g can lentils, drained & rinsed
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Saute the onion & minced garlic in a saucepan with a little water (or oil if preferred) and cook on a high heat setting for 10 mins until the onion is see-through.
- Stir in all the spices, cook for 2 mins until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk, 1/2 can chopped tomatoes, lentils, frozen cauliflower & lime juice, then bring to boil. Once it starts to bubble, turn the heat down to low, stirring occasionally, let it simmer for 30 mins until the sauce has thickened and reduced down.
- Season with salt & pepper, serve with rice & enjoy!
PS – If you ever end up making this recipe, let me know what you think by commenting below. I always love to hear what people think! Or if you managed to take a photo, post it on Instagram and tag @nourishingalex so i can see it and i will share it on my Insta-stories! THANKS! Alex ❤