These muffins are super soft, fluffy, bouncy, moist and bursting with juicy blueberries with a good hint of cinnamon! We love these muffins so much in our household, So much so, they’re all gone by the end of the day LOL! They make the perfect sweet snack with a cuppa tea!
- 150g plain flour
- 150g oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 4 overripe medium bananas, mashed well until gloopey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150ml olive oil/coconut oil/vegetable oil/sunflower oil
- 2 handfuls fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line a muffin tray with paper/silicone muffin cups.
- To make the oat flour, just blend up 150g oats in a blender, or use a handstick blender, until you reach a flour consistency.
- Add all the dry ingredients in a mixing bow, stir everything together until combined.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl, including the mashed bananas and sugar until well combined.
- Pour your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, give it all a good mix for a minute or so until all the ingredients and fully combined.
- Finally fold your fresh blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Now add a big heaped spoonful of the muffin batter into your muffin cups. You can add some oats on the surface of the muffins for a little crunch and decoration.
- Bake your muffins in the oven for 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle of each muffin.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack before eating! Enjoy with a cup of tea/coffee! 🙂
PS – If you make this recipe, i would love to hear what you think! Let me know what you think by commenting below. Or if you take a photo, post it on Instagram and tag @nourishingalex and i will happily share it on my Insta-Stories! THANKS, Alex ❤